Cosplay Costume : Haruma's High Drop Megurine Luka

Hi guys !

This is a costume of Megurine Luka from Vocaloid based on an illustration , " Haruma's High Drop . " When I first saw this illustration , I was immediately drawn to this version of Luka but never motivated enough to make it till my friends , Kikyo and Ayase , invited me and my sayang to be a part of their group !

This is also my first handmade gown . I've made skirts , bustiers , dresses but never a gown . Feel kinda scared that I will screw up the whole thing since I have no experience in making one . So , I did some research here and there ( trust me Google is your best friend ! ) . Making a gown is not cheap since you will need lots of fabric , kinda depend on your height also and in my case , I'm slightly taller so I bought around 14 metres of fabric to complete this costume !


IMG_4314


This entire gown is made out of matte satin . I made it into a two piece gown , the white outer white gown with a long train and an inner black circular skirt .


IMG_4308


The easiest part of the costume would be the giant bow ? I love bows . :-)


IMG_4304


The Haruma High Drop illustration never shows the bottom half , so you can actually make it into a short dress or anything that you can imagine it to be but I've seen other cosplay costume shops making it into a gown so I was inspired to make it that way too .



IMG_4312


I use a hidden zipper at the back of the dress . Which couldn't be zipped up properly because my mannequin's chest is too wide lol .


IMG_4316


The front part of the gown is not very accurate to the illustration because I couldn't get the front part right . Supposedly , it has a ruffle like thing in the front :-/ Anyone knows how to do it ?


IMG_4310


The giant bow can be separated from the gown itself .


IMG_4318


Pink flowers and hairband plus a black choker around the neck ! :-)


Did the Haruma's High Drop photoshoot yesterday with my beautiful group members ! But I kinda failed and looked extremely ugly in most of the photos . Guess I wasn't prepared enough . * disappointed * Will do better job in a solo photoshoot in the future ! ♥